Procrastination, you old friend.
I've been sitting on four drafts and having the hardest time moving forward with them.
In church today our pastor talked about how we aren't supposed to figure out our purpose,
we are supposed to follow God.
It was a nice reminder.
I talk about it a lot but I live for checklists and goals, yet I always fall short of the ones I set.
It is hard for me to step away from weighing my worth against my ability to finish lists.
Here is to a new week, a new day, a new step forward.
10 Sunday Saves:
1. S'mores Pie - I am an absolute sucker for all things s'mores and this looks so good!
2. 7 Things Christians With Anxiety Need to Know - I struggle so much with anxiety and am always devouring the wisdom of others in regards to managing it and understanding it.
3. How to Discourage a Grieving Friend - Grief is hard. I've grieved many small things and more recently experienced deep grief over the loss of our son. This advice is so important. Just listen and weep. Without impatience, without agenda, without counsel. Just listen.
4. Gardening Tips for the Black Thumb - I spent so much time weeding the beds in front of our house last summer...they are a mess again, of course. I need all the advice I can get because gardening is not a strength of mine, while I'd love it to be at some point.
5. Quirky Momma Color By Number Sheets - If you have a child that is old enough to recognize numbers, these are a super fun!
6. Custom Plywood Storage Boxes - I am forever organizing, purging, and decluttering. We have those cube shelves in our living room and Rooney's room and I have plans for more. I love the idea of making sturdy boxes to go inside them instead of purchasing the fabric ones.
7. Berries & Cream Angel Food Scoop Cake - YUM!!!! This looks awesome.
8. Are You Chasing Happiness or Holiness? - I've written about the quote he dissects and found his thoughts to be insightful.
9. Learn How to Embroider - I started trying to embroider while I was grieving and never really gained momentum. I'd love to try again sometime.
10. Fairy Slime - I've yet to make and/or play with slime...my child is clearly deprived but this may make up for my failures...
Hope your week is lovely and filled with much grace for and from you.